Monday, March 3, 2014

Top ten lists from our first day of homeschool...

Ten things that I learned about myself during our first day of homeschool-
  1. Time does fly while you're having fun learning.
  2. I LOVE to sleep in a little later!
  3. I think that I have finally learned how to spell the word curriculum. It really helps when you've seen the word 6.792 times during a one week period.
  4. Flexible schedules rule!
  5. I'm good at record keeping. Our dog, Max, is quite good at sleeping through our lessons.
  6. We have an amazingly supportive group of family, friends, new homeschooling friends and health care professionals!
  7. I have no idea when I'm going to finish reading my two homeschooling books or begin reading the hundreds of new emails about homeschooling that are in my inbox.
  8. This blogging thing is pretty awesome.  Thank you all in advance for your patience as I develop my blogging skills!
  9. The apartment isn't as messy as I thought it would be.  Hmm....
  10. I am hoping this "Homeschooling Honeymoon Period" never ends because I AM LOVING HOMESCHOOL!
Ten things that I learned about our son during our first day of homeschool-
  1. My kid loves to discuss current events.
  2. He may "learn at his own pace", but when he gets something...he REALLY gets it!
  3. He is incredibly motivated and truly wants to learn as much as he can.
  4. My kid is way more independent than I thought!
  5. He is very well-behaved, thoughtful and polite. I always knew this, however, today was a great reminder of this fact.
  6. My kid learned that homeschooling has unique distractions, such as the continuous snoring of a yellow lab named Max!
  7. My kid is incredibly resilient.
  8. He loves history, science and word finds.
  9. He is good in math and he FINALLY realizes it!
  10. My kid can do anything that he sets his mind to.....so look out, everyone! Consider yourself forewarned!


 

1 comment: